Centre de Formation Fritz Lafontant (CFFL)
A community vocational school in Corporant, Haiti, CFFL offers degrees in three main areas with the greatest application and demand in the area: agriculture, construction, and woodworking. Each course of study is multi-faceted and includes business practices and ethics as well as skills training.
Built in 2012, CFFL was founded to prepare a generation of young Haitians to lead their communities out of poverty through practical, hands-on experience in sustainable local agriculture and innovative building processes. CFFL also conducts outreach education programs to reach the wider community.
CFFL’s five core values are:
- Science & Technology
- Social & Moral Responsibility
CFFL is uniquely positioned to make a difference:
- 95% of CFFL instructors are Haitian
- Partner Universities contribute to curriculum development and research
- Classes are taught in Haitian Kreyol, French, and English
- Graduates are connected with or create opportunities to work in their communities
The annual tuition fee to attend CFFL is $2,500 per student. Due to the limited economic capacity of our students, we aim to cover 60% of this cost from our endowment. Each student covers the remaining $1000, though we also offer full scholarships for those who meet certain criteria.